Our last sleep in the coach was a good one, I think we were
both soo tired and managed to get in a good 7 hours. But up at 6am, Lea & Ralph asked last
night can they pick it up at 10am instead of 1pm – yikes! Yep, I guess we can be ready!
One last load of laundry, a couple of quick showers so I can
do the final clean in the shower, a quick brekkie which consists of the last of
our stuff in the fridge, so I can do the final clean in the fridge, strip the
bed and through the linen in the dumpster, it really has done a good job for us
but I don’t think anyone else would want it, thank you dumpster man. And then we can start loading the car.
Then I clean, clean and clean some more. We are done, coach has never been cleaner, I even founds
nooks and crannies I never cleaned before!
L&R rock up and experience a bit of an admin malfunction
– the forms they printed out for us all to sign (remember, our printer is mort)
have been left at home! Hmm,
lets see if the office will print them out for us from Ralph’s printer – yup
panic averted!
Ralph drives off with Finn the dog, buckled into my seat
(probably looks much better there than the last co-pilot) and heads off down
the road, with Lea following in their car, and us following nervously behind
snapping photos as the opportunity arises.
![]() |
| We successfully reduced our belongings from 350 sq ft to mqybe 30 |
![]() |
| Ralph driving their motorhome to it's new home! |
Funnily enough, neither of us felt a particular wrench when they drove it
away, I think we had both done our ‘accepting’ at the time of accepting their
offer – so that is a good thing! No
tears, tantrums or terrible selling remorse.
They will look after and enjoy our baby!
Our final mileage was 84683 so this trip we have safely
traveled 4,050 miles, from Houston TX, through New Mexico, up through Arizona,
through Utah, to Oregon where we spent most of our time and then a little
further north to Washington State. Our
intention was to travel through Canada but it will be so much easier now in a
rental car and not having to declare food etc.
![]() |
| Large sign! |
The weather has been great, rarely going below 20C - except
in the mornings (although there were a few cold days which weren’t driving days
on the Oregon Coast). Looking through the
driving log, we have counted one rain day, one sun shower day, three overcast
days and one drizzle travel day – all in all I would say that is a successful
escape from winter in Wellington.
So we can now relax, Kim feels a load has been lifted, he
doesn’t need to worry so much about cars pulling out on us, the coach takes a
little bit of stopping!
OK we have now moved on!
We had such an early start to our day, we need more coffee and I
conveniently remember where I saw a Cinnabon!
That’s that taken care of : )
While we are here we have a quick look around, Kim wants more cold pills
and then I see a Ross and even tho our luggage is bulging and even tho we sent
stuff home already, I just needed to buy the Tommy Hilfiger tote bag I have
been hankering for since I saw one in Houston and didn’t buy. I wasn’t actually looking but I am sure Kim
rolled his eyes at me adding more stuff to our already extended capability.
So we check in to the EconoLodge in Bellingham and
realising it is rather close to the I5 ask for a ground floor back of property room –
one out of two not bad, we are at the back but on the top – 3rd
floor – but there is a lift – lucky!
So we got our luggage up to the room and now we can see what
we brought that we didn’t need to, some of it food, so we take care of some of
that promptly. Then we spend the
afternoon googling where we can stay on our way over the border to Canada and
our stops on the way to Edmonton. Bad
mistake - travelling on a long Canadian weekend,even though we are still in WA just
over the border. Hotel prices on both sides are 50% more for Friday, Saturday and
Sunday and the options are diminishing as we google. So we’ve got a crap hotel tomorrow and a nicer
one on Sunday and then I hope we can take our pick and not pay holiday rates.



No comments:
Post a Comment