Saturday, 16 June 2018

Saturday, June 16 - TT South Jetty, Florence OR 97439


Cloudy this morning, so we snooze and sleep in.  I get the slow cooker cranked up so dinner is sorted for tonight.  We are late getting started, late showers, late brekkie, late coffee but by the time we have done all that the clouds have skedaddled, the sun is out and it has warmed up.  Kim has started pottering with the coach outside so I take myself off for a walk around the camp to fulfill my promise of yesterday to not be so lazy today.

Our campsite looking back into the trees
We bike down to the pool area for a laze on their sun loungers and soak up some rays. TT South Jetty is hosting a BBQ for the guests at 2pm at the Activities Centre next to the pool and the aroma of smoky meat tantalises but we didn’t bring a side as suggested, so don’t feel we can partake of the food.  The BBQ is in celebration of Father’s Day tomorrow but I guess they need to celebrate today when the camp is full, by tomorrow (Sunday) the camp will probably empty out.

At this stage we almost have the pool to ourselves, only lasts an hour before the hordes arrive.
We enjoy a couple of hours at the pool but after the BBQ finishes it is swamped with kids running and jumping, squealing and yelling and although it is nice to hear them having so much fun, we don’t last too much longer there.

There is quite a lot movement with campers coming and going and by the time we get back from our pool time find we are in time to watch new neighbours moving into the empty side to the right of us.  Hmm - not a very proficient reverser says the resident expert.

All day today we have heard the not too distant clamour of ATV’s doing what they do, same yesterday, might go for a bike ride that way tomorrow and see what is going on.  It seems just down the main road a little, opposite to the main road. I think there are big steep sand dunes that way.

Oops, the new neighbours obviously didn’t like the site, they have bailed, it wasn’t us I promise! Another lot are giving it a try, park must be full.  I think it is a difficult site because the power pedestal is too far towards the front of the site not at the back where it should be for trailers etc backing in.

I’ve finished off the last of the crosswords in the book we inherited when we bought the coach! They were nice easy ones, big print, but if you did get stuck the answers were in the back of the book.  Used only as last resort I assure you!

Another sunny, cruisy day in Paradise, it probably got to 18C but the breeze was still noticeable.


No comments:

Post a Comment