Another nice sunny morning!
While waiting for it to warm up outside attacked our tax returns, again
and this time we have success, as least we get through to the end and send it
off to them.
Got outside for the afternoon, although the breeze is cool,
the sun stays out. Kim touches up some
paintwork before he goes off on his bike for a while ‘site seeing’ but I’ve
just got to a good bit in my book so stay put.
He’s back before too long.
There is a couple two sites down who have Harleys, they were
out all yesterday afternoon on a lovely ride inland from here. They are staying put today but off tomorrow
and again the next day. Another new
camper arrives and asks us about Satellite reception, we get chatting and he
asks as we are NZers ‘what do you think about President Trump?’ He agrees with us but agrees he is a minority
over here.
OMG where has the day gone?
I know I spent quite a lot of time over in the shower block this morning
(it is a good shower) but seriously
this is ridiculous, it’s already 4.30pm and I haven’t done hardly anything
today, except for a couple of Tai Chi foundation exercises (trying to close a
couple of circles on my watch). I will
make up for it tomorrow, promise!
Oh, I’ve also done some research about what we can and can’t
take into Canada if we decide to take the motorhome up there. Meat needs to be identifiable, ie in its
packaging and can be fresh or frozen.
USA produced fresh fruit and veg, should be OK in small quantities. Potatoes are separated out from veg – “one bag
up to 4 kilograms of US number 1 potatoes per person and the bag must be
commercially packaged”. Alcohol is a
maximum of 1.5L of wine OR 24 beers OR 1.14L of hard liquor, if you have more I guess you
just pay duty on the excess. They wouldn't confiscate it would they? Hmm, but
that wouldn’t be until early August so we should have time to reduce our stockpile before then!
Pulled pork with coleslaw and potato salad is our
dinner tonight – yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment