Sunday, 1 July 2018

Sunday, July 1 – TT Seaside, OR


The sky leaked again overnight - our coach is so well polished I can watch the individual drops race each other down the outside as I contemplate getting out of bed.

Phone the bus company to make sure the streetcar is running today and they have commandeered a bus to do the job, so yes they will be by to pick us up at the gate today.  We rode the whole loop and for most of it we were the only passengers so got a bit of a spiel from MacKenzie along the way.  We drive by a lot of seaside homes looking right over the sea, some old and some brand new mansions. 

From rustic old

to ultra modern
After nearly an hour we alight at the Convention Centre which is just behind the Seaside Carousel Mall and yes, there is a carousel inside.  We find a handy coffee shop for our fix and wander down Broadway to the turnaround and this time get a photo of the front for Brad.

This is where we stood on the bike ride!
It’s warm enough and it doesn’t actually rain but there is moisture in the air.  There are a lot of tourists and it is much busier than when we were here mid-week. It will continue to get busier as 4th July looms, there is a big parade and fireworks down at the beach to celebrate.

Thank you Seaside
Kim has had enough and flags down the bus to go back to TT, I wander around for another hour or so, window shopping and then decide to walk back home, a nice half hour walk.  Closed lots of rings on my watch today!

I am surprised this vehicle is roadworthy and that it should be on the road, with the saw blades on the hood, skeletons and bars over all the windows.

Squarebody

Nah, I don't think I want one thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment