Nearly half way to Kent and after we have finished our
travel mugs of coffee we stop at a Walmart Pharmacy for damage control. The pharmacist, not of this country, didn’t
know what spray on plastic skin is and just points me in the direction of the
band aids. Might need something more
methinks. Anyway we scan the shelves and
get some Neosporin cream (US version of Savlon?), some waterproof dressings and
some New Skin – liquid bandage spray.
Now we’re talking!
Along the I5 we are slowed down by road works for 20 minutes
or so - it’s a bit hair raising driving alongside an extra wide load with a
brand new pleasure boat on one side and
another 18 wheeler on the other side but it was actually quite a nice drive.
It was kind of this truck to drive in front of us, I could
see what was coming up from behind on both sides for a while.
![]() |
| Getting all arty! |
We drive through a nice modern suburb a mile away from the KOA
![]() |
| Lovely backdrop |
![]() |
| Handy chair protecting our corner |
I’ve done a preliminary pack, we leave on our cruise
tomorrow – yay! Seems plain wrong to be
packing winter type clothes in this heat but I’m not sure what to expect so
covering all bases.
I am not taking the laptop so you won’t see any blogs for a
week, but I will take notes and fill you all in when we get back to civilisation. And with lots of photos too. Take care
everyone!




Enjoy your cruise, look forward to hearing all about the experience in future blogs. Will wish Mr Craigey a happy 80th birthday from you two on Sunday... we'll eat your share of cake!
ReplyDelete