Monday, 18 June 2018

Monday, June 18 – TT South Jetty, Florence OR 97439


No sun this morning, high cloud and it gets to about 18C by late afternoon.  Get a couple of loads of laundry underway and take myself off for a fast walk, Kim is coming on a slow walk later, he is reading his book for now.  I leave the RV Park and turn left down the road to the Oregon Dunes Recreation Area where there are a couple of OHV’s having lots of fun on the steep sand hills, reminiscent of our 4WD days in the Foxton sand dunes! Enjoyed the walk although I had to use the shoulder along the roadside but it was wide enough to do so safely.  And I managed to close two rings on my watch already, just the standing one to go!

Wonder what is on the other side?

There were only the two when I got there but more and more came

Took a short cut in the RV Park through this lovely little trail on the way back home, could be in NZ!
Backtracking a bit, as I was leaving for my walk I passed the time of day with a couple looking for a site, just around the corner from us, when I got back an hour and a half later they were trying to get into the site they had chosen but had so far had only managed to rip the driver side front guard off their motorhome in the attempt.  And they still hadn’t got into it the site and it didn’t look like they could go either in or out now and were also blocking the roadway.  Nothing I could do so left them to it - not a very happy day for them : (

We need to put the bikes away for tomorrow but first take them for a ride to the Adults Centre, which is up a steep hill, more so when you are biking than walking – huff puff!  We are going to have a Pool Tournament, Kim and I.  The score is: I would have won he first round if I didn’t go in off the black but Kim convincingly won the second and third - he had his eye in by then!  The sun has come out by about 3pm so we race downhill (phew) back to the motorhome to catch some rays.

Good game to play on an overcast day and you want to be inside!
Kim goes to see if he can help the couple (we passed them again on our  bike ride, they have managed to set up in the site opposite the problematic one).  Bill and his wife are full timers and are here for three weeks so will get someone to come and look at the panel repairs. You have to feel for them, but I guess that's motorhoming!

I looked up RV Trader to get an idea of the asking prices for similar motorhomes - Monaco Safari Cheetahs today, 2004 Safari’s range from $59k to $88k. We are going to put up the for sale signs at the Rally.  Might have to put a pin in a number and that will be the asking price.

I think I can hear a woodpecker but for the life of me I can’t find him!



No comments:

Post a Comment