Wednesday, 30 May 2018

Wednesday, 30 May – at Armitage Park, Coburg OR 97408

After a semi cloudy night with a full moon the morning dawned fine although there is a cool wind.  We sleep in, snuggling under the duvet while the furnace warms up the living quarters.  Kim gets a much needed haircut and then we are ready as planned by 10am for L&L to take us shopping - yay!  Kim wants to go to Cabelas to check out the Humminbird Chart Plotters etc. and the girls go girl shopping.  I want to pick some warmer clothes, it hasn't always been t-shirt weather since we've this far north in Oregon so a couple of sweaters need to come home with me : )  The boys head off to North Western RV for an hour or so browsing before coming back to pick us up.  IHop is on the menu for lunch (Kim's choice) and I have to say the food is epic – if not very healthy!!

Kim's choice for lunch - he said it was 'cos he has a sore gum and can't chew!
Next stop Best Buys, the best buy for a new Apple watch for me - my analogue watched died a couple of weeks back (heh heh) even though I had a new battery installed prior to coming away. It’s been a pain having to use my phone to tell the hour of the day each time I want to check it.   Anyway I choose the rose gold one which they have in stock (at a very good price, on sale with a $50 discount and no sales tax) and we take it home charge it up and see if we can make it work.  Yes we can!!

We are also hosting dinner tonight for L&L, it is way past our turn as they have had us over to theirs for dinner twice already.  So the watch takes the back seat while HH commences and  food is prepared, cooked and enjoyed!  Mustard Pork Stroganoff with buttered noodles is a “will def do again” meal, thanks Jo Seager!

After cleaning up I get to play some more with my watch, I will never figure out what all these apps do but so far I can say I like it!  Thanks for taking us shopping L&L : )

Aren't I lucky!!


1 comment:

  1. Got very excited thinking Kim was interested in hummingbird's the feathered variety - very dissapointed when I Googled it and found that it was like a garmin thingy that finds fish. Cheers Gaye

    ReplyDelete